Friday, February 15, 2013

Another police encounter

I promise that I won't write a tale every day but this one is about Alan and the police.  Friday Alan went to pick up the missionaries and got stopped by the police for going 2 1/2 miles over the speed limit.  He was given a ticket and they take you passport until you go pay the ticket.  So they went to the post office to pay the ticket.  (All bills are paid at the post office)  That's when they found out that today is a National Holiday (Serbian Day) and it is closed.  But they are told that if they journey out to another post office, it may be open.  So away they went and luckily it was open.  That 2 1/2 miles cost $50.00.  Yes, we will be more careful now.

Friday night we went to the Vuchenivitches (not how it's spelled but how it sounds) who are a strong member family here.  She speaks English well, but he does not.  Her name is Duchka.  They have two daughters at home, one 14 and the older one is 17.  They live in a very small apt. Their living room is about 10 x11.  He works for the city and has a fairly good job. (the unemplyment over here is 40%) Their two daughters are beautiful and sing together.  They, too speak very good English and  have professional quality voices.  They go to a Music High School.  Such a nice family, but I find that I have a hard time sitting and visiting and that's what this country loves....to sit and visit.  And another thing, everyone lives on the second or third floor.  I have climbed enough stairs here to have made it to the top of the Empire State Building...yes, my legs are complaining!  It was a good night and they truly are a choice family.

3 comments:

  1. I want you to promise that you will write a tale everyday!! It's my entertainment I run to my computer when I get home to see what your adventure has been for the day. I am so happy when you have posted. All I can say is OH MY GOSH!!!! It sounds like you guys are being super brave.And that poor boy without a country I think he is pretty fortunate to have met you two he will no longer be without a family,I love you guys and ADMIRE you. With all those stairs we may not recognize you when you get home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Really PLEASE keep posting we are all enjoying your tales. Love you guys so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. KEEP POSTING! It is good to have reminders of the gratitude we should have! I cannot even imagine giving up my family. I am certainly glad that is not my trial for this life!

    ReplyDelete